- The body should be kept warm - especially the feet, chest, throat and head. Sweating is very helpful.
- Take half a teaspoon of ginger juice with half a teaspoon of honey, three times a day (morning, noon and night). In winter, warm the mixture by mixing a teaspoon of warm water in it.
- Mix half a cup of warm water with one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
Dosage: Take several times a day.
- In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
- Take equal amounts of cardamom, ginger powder, black pepper and cinnamon (1 teaspoon each). Add sugar equal to the total amount of mixture and grind to make a fine powder.
Dosage: Take half a teaspoon twice daily, with honey or warm water after meals.
- In cases of sore throat, a clove or two cardamoms or a few raisins can be chewed.Gargling with warm salty water two to three times a day is also beneficial.
The food and activities that are to be avoided are as follows:
- Cold foods and drinks
- Ice cream, sweets
- Fried foods
- Milk products (cheese, creams, yogurt)
- Sweet fruit juices
- Sleeping during the day
- Taking a cold shower
- Exposure to cold wind, fans, air conditioners
- Boiled or steamed vegetables
- Vegetable soup
- Spice teas
- Herbal teas
- Hot milk with a piece of crushed ginger
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in milk provides relief.